Eberspächer pre-heaters work independently of the engine and can preheat the cabin and/or engine cooling circuit when a vehicle is stationary. An advantage that comes into its own when the heaters are used in different climatic zones. Hydronic water heaters are integrated into the engine cooling circuit, keeping vehicles ready for use in colder regions. The vehicle’s own fan can also be used to preheat the vehicle cabin and de-ice the windshield in defense vehicles. Airtronic air heaters also ensure stable heating performance and keep windows clear of ice. In contrast to Hydronic, they are not integrated into the cooling circuit and feature individually-positioned air outlets. An additional variant, the mobile fuel-powered Polarn compact heater, also ensures optimum temperatures. It is easy to transport, extremely quick to set up and brings warmth to any location.
Eberspächer Hydronics can preheat an engine while the vehicle is stationary and heat the driver's cab at the same time, through integration into the vehicle water cooling system. The Hydronic series combines rapid preheating and stable heating performance with low fuel consumption. So your defense vehicle is the perfect temperature and ready to go as soon as you get in.
Power range: 1.3 - 35 kW
- Preheats engine and vehicle interior
- Military and civilian versions are available depending on the model
- Suitable for the most demanding military requirements, meeting rigorous shock, vibration, EMC and environmental conditions
- Long service life (5,000 hours for Hydronic S3, 6,000 hours for
- Protected from dust in harmful quantities, strong water jets under increasing pressure and high-pressure water/steam jet cleaning
- Integration of heater in the vehicle's control panel and in the vehicle's own diagnostics
- Operational temperature range: -40 °C to +80 °C (Hydronic S3,
Hydronic M2), -40 °C to +85 °C (Hydronic L2)
Power range: 1.3 to 5.6 kW
Power range: 1.5 to 12.0 kW
Power range: 16.0 to 35.0 kW
Eberspächer Airtronic air heaters warm up the air inside the defense vehicle and distribute it throughout its interior by means of individually positioned air outlets. This is why the Airtronic is especially suitable for heating even large compartments quickly and efficiently. A constant interior temperature can be maintained for an extended period thanks to the low fuel and electricity consumption.
Power range: 0.85 - 7.6 kW
- Rapid interior heating thanks to the fast output of direct heat
- Ultra-efficient electricity consumption enables continuous operation
- Can be installed independently from existing heating or A/C systems
- Long service life of 5,000 hours
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to +70 °C
Automatic altitude adjustment up to 5,500 meters*
*Depending on variant
With the mobile, diesel-powered Polarn compact heater, Eberspächer brings heat to where it’s needed most. Polarn heating technology ensures optimum temperatures. It's the perfect solution for providing mobile heat for soldiers and equipment as well as for the emergency heating of tents and containers.
- Mobile and versatile – use anywhere, anytime
- Powerful heating capacity, rapid operational readiness
- For rescue operations and all types of service and maintenance work
- Low fuel and power consumption